Ponderosa Place is an amazing getaway for families, the outdoor enthusiast, or anyone wanting to get away for a peaceful stay in the mountains. The home is situated on 7 acres surrounded by national forest. There are hundreds of miles of hiking, biking and ATV trails right out the door. We encourage guests to take advantage of the wooded trails during their stay and spend time enjoying nature. We have also equipped the home with adult and kid friendly games, books and DVDs to encourage families and friends to spend quality time together and relax away from normally busy lives. Please take the time to read the check in and out procedures as well as the house rules.
Pak N Play
Fully Stocked Kitchen
Basic Tea and Coffee Provided
Toilet Paper Paper Towels
Linens and Bath Towels
Washer and Dryer
Books, DVDs and Games for Kids and Adults
Check in and Check Out Procedures
· Please park anywhere on the driveway in the front of the property.
· Do not park in the back or side of the house or the woods
· Please park any ATV’s in the driveway
· Please no more than 4 vehicles (not including ATV’s) during your stay.
Read through the welcome packet and rules and regulations.
· Check in starts at 4PM on the day of your arrival
· Check out time is 10AM on the day of your departure
· A late check-out may be arranged for an additional fee if this works with our booking calendar. A late check-out will incur an additional cost
· Late check-outs and early check-ins must be approved in advance
· The code you have been given to enter the premises will only be valid during the time of your visit
· Please make sure you only have the approved amount of people checking in (8 total adults). This is very important due to our well restrictions
· There are security cameras located around the outside of the property. Please be aware that they are there and do not adjust them
· The owner lives near by and may come to greet the guest and answer any questions upon check in
· All dirty dishes must be loaded into the dishwasher and wash cycle started
· Please collect all trash and throw in the designated trash bins. All your trash needs to fit in the bins provided. If there is excess trash, a fee may be charged
· Please place all used towels and sheets in the hampers located in each bedroom or in the laundry room
· Please take with you or dispose of any perishable food
· Make sure all the lights, TV, small appliances, water and fireplace are turned OFF
· Please close and lock all doors and windows
Ponderosa Place is an amazing getaway for families, the outdoor enthusiast, or anyone wanting to get away for a peaceful stay in the mountains. The home is situated on 7 acres surrounded by national forest.
There are hundreds of miles of hiking, biking and ATV trails right out the door. We encourage guests to take advantage of the wooded trails during their stay and spend time enjoying nature.
We have also equipped the home with adult and kid friendly games, books and DVDs to encourage families and friends to spend quality time together and relax away from normally busy lives. Please take the time to read the check in and out procedures as well as the house rules.
Please NO PETS. A pet fee will be charged or you may be asked to leave if a pet is present.
NO SMOKING of any kind, including marijuana are permitted. ANY evidence of ODOR within the property will incur a $500 ozonation charge.
No more than 8 adults (you may have 2 children under age 12 for a total of 10 people). This is due to the well and sewer limits. There will be a charge for additional guests or you may be asked to leave. We do have a way to count guests so please read this carefully.
Please NO PARTIES!. If parties are suspected or evidence found, you may be asked to leave or extra fees may be charged.
If drugs, violence or unruly behavior is found or reported, we have the discretion to call the cops. We take this very seriously.
Please remove your shoes as appropriate in the house.
Please be conservative with the water. This house is on a well and we hope you can think conservatively about the water as appropriate.
If you break a glass or plate, just let us know. We understand accidents happen.
Please report any property damages/accidents to us ASAP. A delay in reporting may increase costs of cleaning or repair. Please enjoy the house, but treat it respectfully.
Please use the shoe racks as you can when inside to place all shoes.
Do not alter the refrigerator/freezer temperatures.
The kitchen sink does NOT have a disposal. Please do not place any food items down the sink. Throw all food items in the trash.
Please only use the cleaners provided. They are safe for the septic system and well.
Please only clean the kitchen table with soap and water.
Additional cleaning costs may be assessed if there are dirty dishes that are left or the trash is not discarded appropriately.
Stays of greater than 14 nights may require an extra cleaning by our cleaning staff at midway point, at the guest’s expense.
Internet: We have satellite internet. It is not high-tech. Please do not expect a fast speed internet. Streaming may be delayed.
TV: Please bring your passwords to any TV accounts like Netflix, etc. We have a collection of DVDs you may use. Please bring DVDs as you please.
Games and books: The house has a nice collection of kids and adult board games, puzzles and books. Please enjoy them and just put them back in the provided places when done. Everything is labeled for your convenience.
The house is near trails that are highly used by ATV’s and motorcycles. It can get loud in the summer, so just be aware of this when booking.
Please have fun and enjoy the beautiful outside while you are here. We have a great list of nearby attractions, hiking guides and restaurants in the welcome book and on our website. We hope you enjoy many of them.
· No air conditioning. In the mountains, it typically cools off quickly. We have several fans you can use in the master bedroom closet. You can also open the windows at night, which is a great way to cool off the house on warm days.
· When you check-out, please remember to set the thermostat to 62 degrees F. The lower we keep our operational costs, the more we can pass on savings to our guests.
· The lower level will stay cooler than the main and upper level. There is an electric heater that you may use if you need more warmth. Please remember to turn it off when you are not using and when you leave.
· Yay! Who doesn’t love a fireplace on a cold day.
· Please use the knob to turn on and off the fireplace.
· The property is off the beaten bath. The address will NOT get you accurately to the property. Please follow the directions sent in your email to ensure you find the property easily. An email will be sent 3 days in advance with directions.
· The last 4 miles to the house are on unmaintained country roads. They are bumpy. It is advised to have a high clearance vehicle. Low clearance vehicles may not make it. Please consider this when driving here and if you rent a car, please explain this to the company so you rent the appropriate vehicle.
· 4-wheel drive is strongly recommended in the winter. The roads are NOT plowed. We cannot be held responsible if you get stuck.